Name: Tricia Tumlinson
Company: Schmitz & Smith Group with KW-Austin Portfolio Real Estate
1. What brought you to Austin and how long have you been here?
I moved to Austin in the fall of 2015 to escape the cold weather and the fast-paced lifestyle of New York City.
2. How did you get connected to AYC?
I was looking for a way to get connected to young professional in the community and grow my social and professional network. I stumbled upon the AYC committee fair event on MeetUp and decided to check it out!
3. What are you involved with in AYC or what is your favorite part of AYC?
I am Décor Chair for this year’s Casino Social and I also serve on the State of AYC committee. Before I became a REALTOR, I planned high-end corporate events. I decided to get involved with these committees so that I could use my knowledge in event planning to help AYC and the community. The friendships and personal growth that I have developed since becoming part of these committees is an added bonus! My favorite part about AYC is the opportunity to step into leadership from day one and the caliber of talent in the group. AYC members are passionate about making a difference in our community. It’s very inspiring.
4. Where can we find you brunching in Austin on any given Saturday?
Probably grabbing breakfast tacos at Mi Madres or Juan in a Million. We like to get there early to beat the crowds.
5. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and what would you use it for?
I’d like to have the power to control the weather so I could clear grey skies on a cloudy day and bring rain to drought-stricken fields.
6. If you could have any celebrity live next door to you, who would it be?
Meryl Streep. She would be a good neighbor. She lives a very private life so hopefully I wouldn’t have to worry about paparazzi or crazed fans.
7. If you had guests visiting Austin for the weekend, where is the first place you would take them to show them a good time?
I love to take guests on a walk around Town Lake and then to grab a beer on Barton Springs.
8. If you played hooky for a day, where would we find you and what would you be doing?Probably in Zilker Park soaking up a sunny day!
9. When people ask you what you do for a living, what do you tell them?
I help people achieve their financial goals through real estate.
10. What technology could you not live without?
My phone! I’m on it all day, every day. I’m trying to get better about disconnecting in the evenings but in this hot real estate market, that’s easier said than done!
11. Who inspires you?
My mom. She is a fearless business owner and amazing role model. She is also a lot of fun! I rarely make decisions without asking her opinion first.
12. What is your proudest accomplishment?
Moving to Austin. I decided to pack up my life and leave my whole world behind to pursue a new life in Texas. I knew one person when I got to Austin and I’ve gown a network here, found love and built a life. It was scary but I knew in my heart moving was the right choice for me.
13. If you couldn’t live in Austin, where would you want to live?
I think I’d be open to living in California. Not sure exactly where but probably on the beach.
14. I want to learn how to…?
Play guitar! I started lessons when I was ten and my teacher walked out on me because I refused to practice. I’ve held onto my guitar all these years! One day I will learn how to play.
Soup or Salad? Salad
Indoors or Outdoors? Outdoors
Winter or Summer? Summer
Tea or Coffee? Tea (I stopped drinking coffee 4 years ago!)
Beer or Wine? Wine (but it’s a close call)
Mountains or Beach? Beach!