Name: Mel Martin
Company: First Citizens Bank
Role: Operations Services Supervisor
- What brought you to Austin and how long have you been here?
I moved to Austin after graduating college to escape the northern winters and have been here for 3 years.
- How did you get connected to AYC?
I started working part-time for AYC shortly after moving to Austin.
- What are you involved with in AYC AND what is your favorite part of AYC?
I’m on the FAVE Committee and will co-chair the event in 2018 with Chelsea Elliott. I also help AYC out with marketing, graphic design, and web design. My favorite part of AYC is meeting people from all over the US and the world.
- Where can we find you brunching in Austin on any given Saturday?
So many options… El Alma and Frank are two of my favorites.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and what would you use it for?
Definitely flying but I’d want to be able to fly into space and travel super fast! I want to be able to explore the unknown.
- If you could have any celebrity live next door to you, who would it be?
I don’t think I’d want to live next to a celebrity but if I had to choose I guess it would be Roger Federer.
- If you had guests visiting Austin for the weekend, where is the first place you would take them to show them a good time?
Probably Rainey Street
- If you played hooky for a day, where would we find you and what would you be doing?
I’d hike the Greenbelt early in the morning, grab a cup of coffee and read something off my never ending book list, eat lunch from someplace new, get a much-needed massage, and take a walk around Town Lake.
- When people ask you what you do for a living, what do you tell them?
I manage a small team that takes care of day-to-day financial needs for Austin’s local businesses.
- What technology could you not live without?
Definitely the internet.
- Who inspires you?
My parents for sure.
- If you couldn’t live in Austin, where would you want to live?
Anywhere with a beach
- I want to learn how to…?
Fly an airplane
Soup or Salad? Both
Indoors or Outdoors? Outdoors
Winter or Summer? Summer
Tea or Coffee? Coffee
Beer or Wine? Beer
Mountains or Beach? Beach