- What brought you to Austin and how long have you been here?
I came to Austin for Grad school, fell in love with the city and decided to stay a bit. That was seven years ago this month. Wait, did I just date myself…
- How did you get connected to AYC?
I had heard of AYC from a colleague at Stubb’s/C3 awhile back. I did some digging, found out it was a great way to get involved in the community and then just took the plunge. I dove in head first, signed up for committees, became super involved and haven’t looked back since.
- What are you involved with in AYC AND what is your favorite part of AYC?
I am the Social Media Chair for the Leadership Services committee and any sub committees for events hosted by LSC. I love that I get to be involved and make a difference in our community, especially with our local nonprofits, and I get to do it all with passionate people who have become some of my closest friends.
- Where can we find you brunching in Austin on any given Saturday?
Anywhere that keeps the mimosas flowing! But my favorite spot is Bouldin Creek Café. The El Tipico is to die for.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and what would you use it for?
I am a terrible flyer but love to travel, so having the ability to think of a place & immediately be there would make my life so much easier.
- If you could have any celebrity live next door to you, who would it be?
- If you had guests visiting Austin for the weekend, where is the first place you would take them to show them a good time?
Rainey Street is always a good warmup for a fun filled Austin weekend. And of course, we have to make a stop at Ramen Tatsu-Ya on Lamar!
- If you played hooky for a day, where would we find you and what would you be doing?
Either on the water or at the Blanton
- When people ask you what you do for a living, what do you tell them?
I work in marketing as a Marketing Manager for an agency. I do the marketing for the marketing agency. 🙂
- What technology could you not live without?
All technology! I’m super tapped in and don’t know if there is a single one I couldn’t live without for more than a few days
- Who inspires you?
I’d have to say my partner. He has shown me that there is a whole big world out there full of adventures and opportunities. He pushes me to be the best version of myself and to take advantage of all that life has to offer. I work hard to make a difference in my community, in other people’s lives, because he has shown me that I can.
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
I’m totally going to pull a mom here; my daughter. As cheesy as it sounds, she is my greatest accomplishment. I brought an amazing human being into this world who shares so much of her light with others and is capable of making a difference one day. You’re welcome world!
- If you couldn’t live in Austin, where would you want to live?
I plan on living in as many places as I can before I’m done with this journey. Anywhere outside of Texas is next, preferably somewhere with a mountain or beach. And if English isn’t the primary language, that’s just a bonus adventure!
- I want to learn how to…?
I’ve always wanted to learn how to sail a boat.
Soup or Salad? Umm, you left off pizza. So I’m just going to write that in…yeah, definitely pizza.
Indoors or Outdoors? Outdoors
Winter or Summer? Fall
Tea or Coffee? Coffee
Beer or Wine? Whiskey
Mountains or Beach? Both