Name: Sayyed Naghaviani
Role: Sales Consultant
- What brought you to Austin and how long have you been here?
I moved here in 1990 with my family. Stayed here through College at St Edwards and then left to work in the DC area from 2007 to 2015. I couldn’t wait to get back and I have no plans on leaving anytime soon.
- How did you get connected to AYC?
I got connected through Tommy Belton, a board member and close friend. He said it would be a good way to get more involved with the young professional community in Austin.
- What are you involved with in AYC AND what is your favorite part of AYC?
I was involved in the planning committee for FAVE 2017. It was hard work but a great learning experience. There is a lot of moving parts that all come together at the end. I look forward to being part of future planning committees for FAVE and the other events.
- Where can we find you brunching in Austin on any given Saturday?
When money isn’t an issue Geraldine’s is one of my favorites.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and what would you use it for?
See into the future. Obviously for my own personal gain but to help people plan and make decisions that would make the most positive impact for future generations.
- If you could have any celebrity live next door to you, who would it be?
- If you had guests visiting Austin for the weekend, where is the first place you would take them to show them a good time?
BBQ or Mexican for a meal and then in the summer out on Lake Travis and either the east side or Rainey to bar hop.
- When people ask you what you do for a living, what do you tell them?
A bunch of things all very poorly. I sell medical software to physician practices for my employer. I own a small business selling custom clothing, primarily shirts and suits, and I invest in real estate rentals in San Antonio.
- What technology could you not live without?
I hate to say it but my iPhone. But when you think about it it’s really the internet you need. My iPhone is useless without the internet.
- Who inspires you?
Anyone who works with nonprofits. The more I read about individuals doing more for the under privileged in increase the quality of life the more I want to be involved.
- If you couldn’t live in Austin, where would you want to live?
Abroad. Thailand, Greece, Portugal, Mexico, Belize are all on the short list.
- I want to learn how to…?
Play the drums. I wish I could make music…
Soup or Salad? Both
Indoors or Outdoors? Outdoors
Winter or Summer? Forever Summer
Tea or Coffee? Tea
Beer or Wine? Vodka
Mountains or Beach? Beach