Name: Gabriel Krizin
Company: Inventive Group Inc
Role: Director of Strategic Partnerships
- What brought you to Austin and how long have you been here?
I came to Austin for my now Ex-wife and also the community it has. I fell in love with the openness of the culture and how networking with businesses is much more comfortable than other cities.
- How did you get connected to AYC?
I met Matt Glazer two weeks after he became the Executive Director for AYC and had also known Katherine at her role at Center for Child Protection a year before that. When I found out that they were going to take over and make the chamber amazing. I jumped in!
- What are you involved with in AYC AND what is your favorite part of AYC?
I currently am Co-chair for the Changemaker Awards Luncheon. Formerly known as the State of AYC. I am always trying to find partners and members to join the chamber.
- Where can we find you brunching in Austin on any given Saturday?
Snooze or my home.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and what would you use it for?
Persuasive ability to control or at least help guide other minds. I feel like a lot of people like myself could be helped if we could just get over our issues. Along with that. I could help get rid of some seriously sick people.
- If you could have any celebrity live next door to you, who would it be?
Ryan Reynolds. He speaks my language.
- If you had guests visiting Austin for the weekend, where is the first place you would take them to show them a good time?
That depends on the person. Austin has something for everyone. I try and show most people everything from Dirty 6, Rainy, Driskill Hotel, local food places, and the hill country.
- If you played hooky for a day, where would we find you and what would you be doing?
At home binge-watching, a show or in a park in a hammock reading a book.
- When people ask you what you do for a living, what do you tell them?
I connect people and think about ways companies and organizations can work together.
- What technology could you not live without?
- Who inspires you?
People who are consistently kind for the sole reason that they are a kind person.
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
When one of my three sons says, Dad or Daddy, Thank you for teaching or helping me with that.
- If you couldn’t live in Austin, where would you want to live?
- I want to learn how to…?
Soup or Salad? Salad
Indoors or Outdoors? Depends on time of year
Winter or Summer? Summer
Tea or Coffee? Both
Mountains or Beach? Both
- Favorite drink?