The next Austin Young Chamber Executive Director will have the opportunity to lead a growing organization into its next phase. This dynamic leader will work closely with the Board of Directors to formulate a vision and execute that vision with a broad number of stakeholders. This leader will also be a strong fundraiser and relationship builder.
The Executive Director is the community face and voice of the Board, Members and the Chamber itself and will represent the Austin Young Chamber in a positive and professional way.
The Executive Director of the Austin Young Chamber provides leadership, management and financial security to the Chamber in the fulfillment of its mission. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and follows the general direction the Board provides.
The Austin Young Chamber is a 501c6 association founded in 2009 with nearly 600 members. The purpose of the Austin Young Chamber is to provide valuable and comprehensive opportunities for the development of young professionals and business in the Austin area.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree a plus
- Three years working experience required
- Sales and or/fundraising experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing a lean budget and working closely with a Board preferred
- Chamber and/or Association experience a plus
- One to Three years of experience in a leadership position preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong understanding of the Austin area business community and culture
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Public speaking skills
- Ability to develop, present, and manage an organizational budget, as well as programmatic budgets
- Ability to provide leadership and to exercise authority in an empowering manner
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to establish priorities and to organize effectively
- Ability to raise funds from a variety of public and private sources
- Knowledge of business management practices
- Ability to make decisions independently as well as collaboratively
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary that is commensurate with experience
- Stipend for benefits and cell phone
- Flexible work environment
- Unlimited Vacation – With the dynamic nature of the work schedule at the Austin Young Chamber, we believe that if you need time, take time. Therefore the Austin Young Chamber has a policy of unlimited vacation in order to foster a culture to bring out the best in ourselves and each other. This is meant for staff to live a well-balanced life and take the necessary time to rest, relax, rejuvenate.
The Executive Director performs all duties as needed to accomplish the goals of the Chamber and all duties as assigned including but not limited to the following:
- Constantly and consistently tell the Austin Young Chamber story to the greater Austin community
- Develop and execute a strategic plan
- Create valuable partnerships with other Austin organizations and determine ways the Austin Young Chamber can make a significant impact on the community
- Lead the AYC Foundation and its efforts as the philanthropic arm of the Austin Young Chamber
- Direct economic development initiatives, including workforce development and training and mentor programs
- Develop and implement a successful, diverse fundraising strategy with the Development Director that emphasizes support and value from corporate sponsors, private donors, and government entities
- Manage and direct large scale programmatic and operational fundraising
- Drive sponsorships through meeting and developing new sponsors, and retaining current sponsor relationships
- Advise and coach board members on their individual fundraising and development goals, as needed
- Work with staff, finance committee, and the board in preparing a budget and ensure that the organization operates within budgetary guidelines
- Work with an outside accountant/bookkeeper and the Board treasurer to oversee the finances of the organization
- Manage payroll and employee benefits and other HR related issues
- Maintain relationships with board members and with committee chairs and co-chairs
- Under the direction of the Board of Directors, recruit, retain, and manage staff and volunteers
- Work with the Marketing Committee to develop a plan for all future Austin Young Chamber marketing
- Create and implement ways to measure and communicate the impact Austin Young Chamber makes with young professionals and the Austin community
- Develop innovative ways to build the Austin Young Chamber brand
3300 North Interstate Highway 35
Austin, TX 78705
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.