Name: Callie Kerbo
Company: Honeycomb Creative Consulting
Role: Creative Director
- What brought you to Austin and how long have you been here?
A job opportunity brought me to Austin two years ago and I’ve been here ever since! Austin instantly felt like home and right now I cannot imagine being anywhere else.
- How did you get connected to AYC?
Before I moved to Austin I literally googled “best professional organizations in Austin” and AYC popped up. However, it wasn’t until about 6 months into living here that I attended a Let’s Talk. I met Ashleigh O’Connor and she really encouraged me to get involved. Huge shoutout to her for being so welcoming and making AYC feel like home.
- What are you involved with in AYC AND what is your favorite part of AYC?
I am the current co-chair of the Ambassador Committee alongside Andres Ventura. My favorite part of AYC is the family I found within the organization. I’ve met some of the most incredible friends through AYC and am so grateful for the relationships I’ve fostered.
- Where can we find you brunching in Austin on any given Saturday?
I’ve always loved to cook so you’ll probably find me whipping something up at my apartment. One of my favorite weekend rituals is walking around Lady Bird and then heading home to make some brunch!
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and what would you use it for?
Right now I would really love the ability to go without sleep! Lately I’ve felt like there are simply not enough hours in the day. However, I would really love the ability to heal. There’s so much hurt in the world that I wish to take away from people.
- If you could have any celebrity live next door to you, who would it be?
Ina Garten. I grew up watching her on Food Network and always aspired to garden and cook like she did. Her entertaining skills were incredible. I’ve figured out the cooking piece but would love to learn to garden from her!
- If you had guests visiting Austin for the weekend, where is the first place you would take them to show them a good time?
Now that the weather is pretty I would probably take them to the Greenbelt to hike then to a patio for a drink afterwards.
- If you played hooky for a day, where would we find you and what would you be doing?
You would definitely find me on the golf course. I’ve been golfing most of my life and it’s easily one of my favorite hobbies.
- When people ask you what you do for a living, what do you tell them?
I help businesses become the best versions of themselves.
- What technology could you not live without?
My computer. I wouldn’t be able to work without it.
- Who inspires you?
As cliche as it sounds, my mom is my biggest inspiration. She’s resilient and has a heart of gold. She stares fear in the face and taught me how to be brave. Every bit of my success in life is owed to her.
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
Calling my parents when I landed my first client after starting Honeycomb. They’ve always been my biggest cheerleaders and sharing that accomplishment with them is a moment I’ll never forget.
- If you couldn’t live in Austin, where would you want to live?
Nashville! There’s no place like home and Tennessee will always have a big place in my heart.
- I want to learn how to…?
Soup or Salad? Salad
Indoors or Outdoors? Outdoors
Winter or Summer? Summer
Tea or Coffee? Coffee
Mountains or Beach? Both!
- Favorite Drink?