Job Title: Development Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: Competitive commission structure plus base salary
Status: Full time, at –will position
The purpose of the Austin Young Chamber of Commerce is to provide valuable and comprehensive opportunities for the development of young professionals in the Austin area. This includes fostering professional growth and skill development through exposure to community and business leaders, while gaining a broader perspective on Central Texas business opportunities.
The Development Coordinator works collaboratively with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, AYC committees and volunteers, and is responsible for developing, managing and evaluating all aspects of fundraising, membership recruitment, and membership retention initiatives and strategies.
- Responsible for recruiting new AYC sponsors, and maintaining current sponsor relationships.
- Research new sponsors and cold call/email all leads, and obtain new leads through the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for creating sponsorship agreements for new sponsors and make sure they receive all agreed upon sponsorship benefits.
- Responsible for new member recruitment and membership renewals.
- Assist Executive Director in membership retention, correspondence, and recruitment.
- Assist Executive Director in the implementation and planning of AYC events through sponsorships and in-kind donations.
- Responsible for creating membership and sponsorship updates for the AYC Board of Directors monthly meeting.
- Assist Executive Director and AYC committees in the planning and implementation of AYC’s annual FAVE Awards and Poker Tournament through securing sponsorship and in-kind donations.
- All other duties as determined by the Executive Director.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited four-year university.
- Experience in the field of fundraising development or general commission-based sales.
- Demonstrated track record of identifying prospects and securing contributions from individuals and corporations.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills.
- Highly organized, systematic, strategic and creative thinker with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the use of the computer, with expertise in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Google programs.
- Ability to work with a broad spectrum of people, ranging from staff and board members to partners, volunteers and donor prospects.
- Disciplined, strong work ethic with exceptional skills in problem-solving and time-management.
- Positive, professional attitude with a desire to learn, collaborate and serve as a role model and mentor to others.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organization
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Melanie Plummer at email@example.com.
Please provide a least two references.